Monday, June 20, 2011

"The After 4 Diet"

Simple and effective, fasting is also an ancient method of spiritual purification.
Here's a simple version of it that I call "The After 4 Diet". This diet has one rule: no eating after 4 pm. (No drinking anything with calories in it, either.)
Fasting in the evening time has the benefit of removing food as an option at the time when your metabolism tends to slow, and when you feel the most tempted by the high-fat, high-sugar foods that you know you shouldn't eat.
I've used this diet myself to lose 15 lb, which went at the rate of about a pound a week. (I went from 180 to 165.)
This is an exercise that carries a lot of benefit beyond looking better, feeling more energy, and meeting a goal. It is an exercise in physical self control, and it sends a key message to your self: "I am in charge."
How calming this message is to your body. Who is the "I" that’s in charge here? Your mind, in the service of your heart.
A very powerful way to energize the depth of your heart, your solar plexus, the center from which this feeling "I am in charge" emanates, is to use this phrase on your breath, placed in rhythm with your heartbeat, four syllables to four beats of your heart.
Try this out and let me know how it goes. And if you decide to do "The After 4 Diet", I want to know how that works for you! (You should check with your health care provider before doing any sort of diet.)
Yours in the One Heart,
Asatar

No comments:

Post a Comment