Monday, April 19, 2010

Health and Fitness by Ange Fonce

HEALTH AND FITNESS

When you're traveling, sometimes it's not the easiest task to find healthy food options, especially if your only options are fast food joints.

I try to stay far away from places like McDonalds or BK... I think the last time I had them was twenty years ago.

But I've found a much healthier fast food option recently on many of my travels. I've been seeing a lot of these fresh Mexican food places popping up all over the place. There are several different chains such as Chipotle, Baja Fresh, Rubios, etc.

But here's how I modify their options to get the healthiest meal possible...

Usually the menus are full of burrito and taco options, but I really don't want the wheat or corn tortillas since those are just useless carbs and calories without much nutrition value. Plus, most wheat wraps are made with hydrogenated oils (transfats), so that's another reason to avoid them.

So what I do is ask the worker to make me a special plate where I'll just pile up a few of the meat options, tons of veggies, beans, salsa, and LOTS of guacamole. I always decline the rice too since that's also a pretty useless carb with no real nutrition value and doesn't add much on taste either.

This pretty much confuses the worker every time since this "mixed plate" option isn't really on their menu, and they don't know what to charge me, but I just ask them to charge me for whatever they think is fair.

Considering this is fast-food, this is about the healthiest option that packs the most nutritional punch without overloading on useless carbs. Plus, it's pretty damn tasty too! And it also satisfies the appetite for a long time since it has plenty of healthy fats from the guac and fiber from the beans and veggies.

Consider giving this little trick a try next time you're out and about and want to find a healthier fast food option.

SPIRITUAL

Here I love you.
In the dark pines the wind disentangles itself.
The moon glows like phosphorous on the vagrant waters.
Days, all one kind, go chasing each other.

The snow unfurls in dancing figures.
A silver gull slips down from the west.
Sometimes a sail. High, high stars.

Oh the black cross of a ship.
Alone.
Sometimes I get up early and even my soul is wet.
Far away the sea sounds and resounds.
This is a port.
Here I love you.

I love you still among these cold things.
Sometimes my kisses go on those heavy vessels
that cross the sea towards no arrival.
I see myself forgotten like those old anchors.
The piers sadden when the afternoon moors there.
My life grows tired, hungry to no purpose.
I love what I do not have. You are so far.
My loathing wrestles with the slow twilights.
But night comes and starts to sing to me.

The moon turns its clockwork dream.
The biggest stars look at me with your eyes.
And as I love you, the pines in the wind
want to sing your name with their leaves of wire.
Here I love you and the horizon hides you in vain.

SELF-DEVELOPMENT

What if I told you that you have the ability to decide if you are happy or not?
You would probably say that I'm crazy: 1. I'm not crazy and 2. Happiness is a choice.

You can't depend on someone else to make you happy. That is a lesson I learned in My life. I realized that I couldn't rely on my others as my source of happiness. I learned that my happiness depended on me and not others actions. I learned that you have to choose to be happy.

You can choose your emotions. True happiness comes from within, it can't be forced by outside forces. So how do you choose happiness? The same away you choose to smile or choose to wear a certain outfit. You choose it because that's what you want to experience in your life.

You want to buy a new pair of shoes so you choose a pair that you like and feels good. You wouldn't buy a pair of shoes that you don't like or that don't fit well, right? So why do we keep choosing emotions and feelings that don't make us feel good?

Well, most people don't realize that you can choose feeling happy over feeling angry or upset about something. It's not wrong to feel angry or upset but dwelling on it and letting the anger simmer for too long can have bad results.

Choosing to be happy after you realize your anger has shown up (or even choosing to be calm) can be beneficial. You end up acknowledging your anger and moving on instead of harboring those emotions until there's a flare up. We choose our feelings, no one can do that for us. If we let others get to us, influence our emotions - we are giving them power over us. When others cause us anger or pain, we are giving them our power.

What about those who irritate us or make us mad? We have the power of choice but most times we react out of anger. Instead of taking a mental time out and knowing that what that person said is about them we unconsciously choose to react. The reaction is usually out of anger or fear. It's a re-action, not an action.

How do we stop this behavior? We need to keep our feelings in check and not react automatically to what is thrown at us. We need to think our actions out instead of just reacting to what someone says or does. Reacting is responding to someone else's actions. What we need to do is act on our own accord and not let the actions of others influence us. By doing that we stay conscious of our own thoughts and feelings and not let what others do to us affect our moods.

Remember that we can always choose happiness. At first it will be difficult to just switch your thoughts and feelings from anger, self-doubt, or fear to joy and happiness. But it is only a thought away. Don't dwell on what happens to you unnecessarily but realize what is causing you to feel that way. Realize that thoughts, feelings and emotions can change. Then move on and choose to be happy.

You do have a Choice

THE MASCULINE HEART
My PURPOSE in My Life is to help, enable, empower others in their life to reach their full, passionate potential. In a creative, positive, loving way.
To help both Men and Women to have deep, fullfilling, Loving lives.
To build a better understanding of The Masculine and Feminine essence.
So both Men and Women have a deeper, more meaningful understanding of each other.
sexually, emotionally and in the Mind!
In a fun, happy, creative way.

I Teach, Inspire, Encourage and Empower others to Live lives they LOVE!

IF YOU would like to become a member of My mailing list. And recieve the FREE FULL EDITION Masculine Heart E Zine
Please contact me at
THE-MASCULINE-HEART@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment